Planning for OsmoCon + OsmoDevCon

Keith keith at rhizomatica.org
Sun Oct 15 15:48:49 UTC 2017

On 14/10/2017 01:01, Harald Welte wrote:

> Please note that Pablo Neira has offered to kindly host an OsmoDevCon in
> Seville (Spain).  I've attended a number of netfilter workshops he
> organized there, and he's doing a great job!  However, given the large
> number of attendees from Berlin (and Germany in general), I think this
> would make things more complicated, and more expensive for most
> attendees.  If you disagree with that assessment: I'm open for having
> the discussion, I just thought it's more practical/economic to do it in
> Berlin.

Yes, certainly for OsmoDevCon, Seville would mean travel and
expense for most.
 But how about the OsmoCon (assuming the decision was not to
have them back-to-back)?
I imagine that would mean a LOT more logistics work there,
maybe too much, like bringing CCC VOC for example.
 Were there to be any interest however, I tentatively raise
a hand to help out, including travelling pre event to Seville.

> === 10 year Anniversary Party ===
>
> Given that 2018 marks the 10 year anniversary of Dieter and me hacking
> with the Siemens BS-11 in 2008,

:-)

> == OsmoCon ==
>

> In terms of frequency,  I would actually suggest we move to a 6-month
> cycle rather than a 12-month cycle.

Are you suggesting here to as an alternative to the
back-to-back  OsmoCon and OsmoDevCon,
to separate them with a six month interval? Or just to have
an OsmoCon every six months?