prng change feedback

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Mon Oct 9 11:25:19 UTC 2017

On Mon, Oct 09, 2017 at 12:16:50PM +0200, Max wrote:
> I'm somewhat confused with the implementation details: placing fallback into library
> would mean we effectively duplicate the fallback logic: the library might or might
> not fallback and than the application will have to decide if it's ok with the fallback.
>
> I'd prefer to use secure only random in the library code and make insecure fallback a
> compile-time option in the application code. That way we can manage it on application
> or even case-by-case basis later on if we decide to drop it altogether.

I think we should have the related code only once, and that means it should
be in the library.  I don't want per-application specific fallback.

In any case, to conserve our limited development resources, let's not have
any fallback for the time being and wait if it ever turns out to be an issue
for any of our users.