IPA multiplex code in libosmo-abis? where to move gsup_client and oap_client?

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Wed Oct 4 14:31:27 UTC 2017

Comments are welcome for https://osmocom.org/issues/2534
I want to remove gsup_client code dup and need a place to put it. Can't go to
libosmocore, because it uses libosmo-abis' IPA Multiplex.

My main open question is: libosmo-abis sounds like it is specifically for the
A-bis interface.

But GSUP, which we use to talk to the OsmoHLR, is not at all related to A-bis.

Does it make sense to put it in libosmo-netif? Or move the IPA Multiplex to
libosmocore? And hence remove some duplication between libosmo-abis and
libosmo-netif?

What do you guys think is worth the trouble?
Just move gsup to libosmo-abis.git and care later?

Thanks!

~N