debian 9 build slaves (Re: news for sanitizer builds)

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Sun Nov 19 10:46:10 UTC 2017

On Fri, Nov 17, 2017 at 11:57:17AM +0100, Harald Welte wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 17, 2017 at 11:02:32AM +0100, Pau Espin Pedrol wrote:
>
> > Another point in favor of moving to debian9 in jenkins build slaves :)
>
> if somebody writes/completes the Dockerfile or ansible playbook for it,
> I'm all for it.  But let's not again start with manually-created build slaves.

I understand that we don't want to set up new build slaves without going for
docker/ansible.

But for gerrit verifications, switching to deb9 is easy, since we have a deb9
slave ready:

jobs/gerrit-verifications.yml

-    slave_axis: !!python/tuple [linux_amd64_debian8]
+    slave_axis: !!python/tuple [linux_amd64_debian9]

The hard part is/was to get all the reposes to pass the deb9 sanitizer scrutiny.

BTW, I changed the osmo-iuh-gerrit job manually to do deb9 as well, fully aware
that the config might be overwritten by a job update anytime, just to quickly
test what happens on deb9.

In other news...

I still haven't resolved why on my laptop osmo-hnbgw doesn't build without
adding -lsctp -- on the deb9 slave, it links fine without it. I'm pretty
stumped on that, have a patch that adds -lsctp again, but ???

Also still haven't resolved why osmo-hnbgw crashes for any attach request for
me.

I have the gut feeling that these are related, looking forward to finding out
what the heck is going on there and finally resolve this elaborate side track.

~N