OsmoBSC now *requires* an OsmoMGW to run alongside it

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Fri Nov 10 00:54:29 UTC 2017

Just to add to that:

On Thu, Nov 09, 2017 at 03:44:10PM +0100, Neels Hofmeyr wrote:
> There has been a profound change in RTP handling by OsmoBSC: we now require an
> OsmoMGW to run alongside it to manage RTP streams, and to be able to provide
> intra-BSC handover. Kindly refer to https://osmocom.org/news/80

This is only applicable to users of OsmoBSC from osmo-bsc.git (with 3GPP
AoIP interface), and not to users of legacy OsmoBSC-SCCPlite from
openbsc.git.  Also not applicable to any OsmoNITB users.

We should consider releasing/tagging a new OsmoBSC version with this
change included.  That obviously requires us to first clean up the
dependency situation, i.e. make sure we tag those dependencies and
update the minimum required versions in osmo-bsc.