Assigning issues to "Osmocom Developers"

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Sun May 14 11:15:06 UTC 2017

Dear all,

I've seen dozens of tickets in recent weeks being assigned to the group
"Osmocom Developers".  That group is a really large group of redmine
users, quite a number of which don't even work on the GSM/cellular
protocol part.

Assigning issues to that group has the result that they will show up in
*every group members* "My issues" / "My page".  And as those issues are
not relevant to most people, they will increase the noise ration of
important information in that default view.

So please think twice before you decide to assign an issue to that
group.  It should only be done if you think the issue actually deserves
such a wide audience.

If you don't yet know who will handle a ticket, simply have no assignee.

Also, we (at least Holger, Sylvain, Neels and I) can easily create more
groups for more specific teams, e.g. an "osmo-gsm-tester developers"
group or the like.

Thanks for your attention.