aoip branch

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Tue Jun 27 23:58:27 UTC 2017

I successfully tested some new patches on the AoIP branch locally and pushed
them to the openbsc.git/aoip branch. They allow using 3G with AoIP.

@pespin: if aoip tester runs fail now, that's probably the cause.

@pmaier: I tried to apply all patches found on the pmaier/aoip branch, but
excluded the commits started with "MSC side reset" because of build failure.
The failure is the same I saw a few days ago, still unchanged:

  CCLD     osmo-bsc_nat
../../src/libcommon/libcommon.a(common_vty.o): In function `bsc_vty_go_parent':
/n/s/osmo/git/openbsc/openbsc/build-3G/src/libcommon/../../../src/libcommon/common_vty.c:130: undefined reference to `osmo_ss7_vty_go_parent'
../../src/libcommon/libcommon.a(common_vty.o): In function `bsc_vty_is_config_node':
/n/s/osmo/git/openbsc/openbsc/build-3G/src/libcommon/../../../src/libcommon/common_vty.c:140: undefined reference to `osmo_ss7_is_config_node'

I suspect you still have some of your work not pushed to libosmo-sccp?
I can't find a private branch or patches on gerrit about osmo_ss7_vty.

In general I think it would be good to always keep your work on a private
branch and push it frequently (doing anything you like on it, amending and so
forth). For collaboration, but also to have a backup of your patches...?

If you like, we can have a call soon to figure out a rebase of your work onto
aoip. A merge conflict is solved on the neels/pmaier_aoip branch ('git fetch'
first), but I get above build failure.

~N