heads up: no more \brief in libosmocore

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Fri Jun 23 00:27:40 UTC 2017

I've just merged a patch that enables the AUTOBRIEF function of doxygen, in
libosmocore. Every API doc's first sentence up to the first full-stop '.' is
now automatically its \brief description. You may omit the \brief.

This is so far only in libosmocore, since I'm not aware of us generating
doxygen in any other repositories. Either way we can and should avoid the
\brief, and in doubt enable the AUTOBRIEF everywhere.

I've also shifted around the \file directives across libosmocore, and wrote a
wiki page that describes it among other things:
https://osmocom.org/projects/cellular-infrastructure/wiki/Guidelines_for_API_documentation

Related: the series of "doxygen:" commits that just came into libosmocore master.

http://git.osmocom.org/libosmocore/commit/?id=87e4550585c643e97e0003119b254251ac5ed1d4
http://git.osmocom.org/libosmocore/commit/?id=17518fe393a37781c84d09836256bb1a6256032b

Do any other code trees need this switching?

~N