vty talloc report

Vadim Yanitskiy axilirator at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 07:07:53 UTC 2017

Hi Neels,

> If you submitted a patch for it I would probably +vote it.

Not yet.

> I guess it would actually be a whole bunch of patches,
> a common part in libosmocore and using it in each osmo* program?

Probably, it would be a whole bunch of patches for osmo*
programs only. I was wondering about modifying libosmovty
to enable a new VTY command in all projects, like Harald did
in osmo-fsm implementation. But in case of FSM, all state
machines are being registered before use, so libosmovty
"knows" about them.

What is impossible in case of talloc contexts right now.
Of course, we can write a new function and register every
root talloc context using it. What about that?

Regarding to the commands to add, I think

show ctx all - Show list of all registered talloc contexts.
show ctx NAME - Find specified context and call talloc_report_full.

With best regards,
Vadim Yanitskiy.