Osmocom releases

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Wed Jul 12 13:11:30 UTC 2017

Let me also re-plug the following thread, it has results from OsmoDevCon:
https://lists.osmocom.org/pipermail/openbsc/2017-April/010569.html
"Using repo to make 'regular' releases" on Tue Apr 25 13:40:15 UTC 2017
It seems that we have reached some conclusions which are fading away (at least
in my memory), it helps to re-read.

Note the separate topics, on the one hand a general "Osmocom feed" version that
provides distribution packages and a common reference for our users, on the
other hand the individual version numbers kept in each git tree.

One thing mentioned in that mail is the separation of openbsc.git, which I'm
currently working on.

Regarding the patches, I've posted a comment asking about installation of
osmo-release.mk, otherwise I haven't taken a detailed look yet.

The topic is non-trivial, and I guess it would be good to have a practical
example that includes the entire process: make a change to libosmocore that
bumps a version and is required by e.g. libosmo-abis; what exactly are my steps
in sequence to achieve that? Does it make sense to have this in a WIP wiki
page?

~N

--
- Neels Hofmeyr <nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de>          http://www.sysmocom.de/