Ki and OPC values change when programming MCC and MNC

Giselle Gonzalez lopez giselle2207 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 09:00:48 UTC 2017

Hello,

We have already contacted our SIM cards provider (sysmocom), and they have
referred us towards this Mailing List.

We have purchased sysmoUSIM-SJS1 cards and we are having the following
problem when trying to program them:

We want to change the MCC and MNC values to the ones of our
OpenAirInterface LTE system, and Ki and OPC of the SIM card are changing
despite we are not intending for that to happen. The main issue with this
behavior is that as we have two sets of Ki and OPC values, when we are
going to register the user in the LTE database, we don't know for sure
which set of parameters we are supposed to introduce.

Here on I'll describe the configuration we are using and the commands
introduced when programming the SIM cards:

As programming software we are using PySIM.

The default parameters of the SIM we are programming are:
ADM: 20168462
ICCID: 8988211000000099120
Ki: 5B868E2B30C61190ABEFBA1CA6F6D56F
OPC: B3425076F23BA6054557FA359B4F9C0C

The parameters we are meaning to program are:
MCC: 001
MNC: 01
IMSI: 001010000009912

The command we are using to program in the SIM card is:

./pySim-prog.py -p 0 -a 20168462 -x 001 -y 01 -t sysmoUSIM-SJS1 -i
001010000009912 -s 8988211000000099120

And after programming the card, we are getting this:

[image: Imágenes integradas 1]

Do you what's the reason why this is happening?

Thank you very much for your time

Best regards,

Giselle Glez