osmo-ttcn3-hacks move to gerrit; build testing

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Tue Dec 12 23:57:02 UTC 2017

Hi!

As some other developers are starting to work with (and on) the test suites
in the osmo-ttcn3-hacks repository, I migrated it to gerrit today for future
code / patch reviews.  I also worked on building the codebase without
having to rely on some out-of-tree clones of upstream titan
repositories.  Rather, the makefiles now ensure that all dependencies
are cloned + linked from within the osmo-ttcn3-hacks repository.

I also added jenkins build testing, i.e. we will not get any future
patches into the repository which would break TTCN-3 compiletion.  So
far, it validates only on Debian9 with TITAN 6.1.0.  As I've already
seen a lot of code that compiles on 9.3.0 (my developent system) but not
on 6.1.0, we will likely add build validation for 6.3.0 soon.

The first patch that has succesfully passed compilation is at
https://gerrit.osmocom.org/#/c/5302/6

Please note that right now we only test the TTCN3->C++ compilation, and
not the compilation of the resulting C++ code for performance reasons.
It would be easy to add if we're willing to wait for the compile time,
but I think it's not really needed.  I so far have not yet managed to
make ttcn3_compiler generate any C++ which would then later not pass the
g++ compilation - at least not on a clean build environment.