ip.access nano 3.5G : Any advice on how to configure channel and power?

Alan Evans alan at kageds.com
Wed Aug 9 15:04:02 UTC 2017

Hello devs,

I am using a 3.5G nano starter kit and I have a problem, hopefully
someone can give me some advice.

When I use the kit in a location with very little 3G coverage it works
great, I scan for 3G networks, the phone sees a network '90170' and can
register without any problems.
However if I try the same thing in a location that has very good macro
3G coverage from several network operators, the phone can longer see my
nano cell.

I assume the problem is due to frequency reuse and the nanocell is using
the same UARFCN as one of the macro cells.

Does anyone have any advice on how best to find a clear frequency band
to use?
Also does anyone know if I have to reboot the ip.access after changing
the UARFCN using

set rfParamsCandidateList=({9800, 401, 1})

Regards
--
Alan R Evans
KAGE Design Services Ltd