[RFC] Coding Style: Longer Line Lengths?

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Wed Apr 5 18:54:31 UTC 2017

Ok guys, let's go for 120 characters and have e-mails with more
productive contents on this list again.

I don't think there is a problem with old code following the old
line length.   After all, we're not changing anything but permittedline
length.  It's not really evena "style" change (like whether or not to
have curly braces on new lines or on the same line).

Also, general common sense applies: We do not accept patches that change
the style from old to new line length.  We merely write new code with
longer lines, and [may] change those lines that we are editing in
patches.

I'll update the wiki accordingly.