bts lchan loopback vty command -- was: Query on run time control of network with VTY

Holger Freyther holger at freyther.de
Sat Oct 1 13:48:03 UTC 2016

> On 30 Sep 2016, at 21:20, Mayuri Tendulkar <mayuri.tendulkar at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks Neels.

Dear Mayuri,

> Where we can get more information on this? We would like to use this loopback for BER measurements.
>
> Is it suitable to do that?

a Free Software project like Osmocom exists because developers want to collaborate and it survives by people donating some (or a lot) of their time to make it better and companies (like Sysmocom) allowing developers to work on it. In your position I think you have the following options:

a.) Your company contracts someone that knows how to modify osmo-trx to do what you want for your measurement.

b.) You make yourself familiar with osmo-trx, fix/extend the code, write documentation and share it with the community.

either way, please share your findings and result with us.

thank you
	holger