osmo-trx debian nightly builds fail due to uhd requirement

Tom Tsou tom at tsou.cc
Tue Nov 29 23:08:00 UTC 2016

On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 3:46 AM, Harald Welte <laforge at gnumonks.org> wrote:
> That's Ettus' decision.  However, when you introduce a dependency into
> osmo-trx which breaks our official nightly package builds, I would argue
> it is also your responsibility to resolved that in some way, or at least
> to provide a solution to that problem :)

Yes, I accept responsibility for underestimating the downstream
effects of the version change on stable package builds. I do believe
increasing the UHD version requirement is the best choice for users
given the stated direction of Ettus version support.

>> Recommended UHD versions are found in Debian 8.0 Backports and Ubuntu
>> 14.04 Ettus Research PPA.
>>
>>   https://packages.debian.org/jessie-backports/libuhd-dev
>>   https://launchpad.net/~ettusresearch/+archive/ubuntu/uhd-3.9.lts
>
> Do you know how to add that dependency on external binary package repos
> to OBS?  Or do we have to re-build the soruce packages as part of the
> OBS build?  Would you be taking care of this if we provide you with the
> respective privileges on the osmocom OBS build?

Adding the backports repository should be sufficient for Debain
builds. I'm not familiar with the details of the OBS. Given access,
though, I can figure out the dependency settings if there is nobody
else is in a better position to do so.

  -TT