libosmocore: patch for big-endian architectures

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Mon May 30 10:39:28 UTC 2016

On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 09:32:41PM +0200, Ruben Undheim wrote:
> > I agree that it's somewhat harder than pasting the patch into a mail, but it is
> > achievable ;)
>
> Hmm, it's probably achievable if you are planning on working on the project for
> some time, but for me who just want to provide a patch, it appeared to be a bit
> of a pain. :)   I'm sure it's great when it works though!

My humble opinion for the last time: gerrit has overly complicated nearly every
aspect of working on the code. The web ui is bloated and cumbersome to
navigate, and every commit and push needs goofy hacks just for gerrit :(

It does add handy features of tracking patches and managing reviews, yet it
kind of removes the concept of patch-set grouping. Of course, the integrated
jenkins build is excellent to have (though would be sufficient after pushing).

I submit to the community's decision to use gerrit, and I don't think it would
be worth the trouble to switch yet again (if I'm the only one moaning), but I
wouldn't introduce gerrit a second time.

End-Of-Rant for all eternity ;)

~Neels