Gerrit mails, from address, verbosity, etc

Holger Freyther holger at freyther.de
Tue May 17 10:22:49 UTC 2016

> On 17 May 2016, at 11:42, Harald Welte <laforge at gnumonks.org> wrote:
>

> Agreed, and we already have that with the osmocom-commitlog mailing
> list.  I'm not sure how this list is used in context of the new gerrit
> setup.  Does it only receive the 'accepted/approved' changes that were
> merged into master. Holger?  We should definitely still keep pushing
> notifications to that list, IMHO.

Once it is submitted in Gerrit, it will be replicated to git.osmocom.org at which point the usual commit message will be generated.

> and not have those:
>
>>> all_comments		Somebody but jenkins commented
>
> The "Foo has voded +2" mails are absolutely not aceptable to me.  I'd
> rather have all comment notifications disabled than to have those on the
> list.  Even if we can filter, I'm not sure if we want all the comments
> on the list or not...

Let's take the "moving" of the DTX VTY command from global to per BTS. I said that we should not break old/currently used configuration files, pointed to DEFUN_DEPRECATED and Max found .HIDDEN_STR (.HIDDEN_TEXT?). I think it would still be nice (in terms of learning) to see them even for changes I do not review.

Is there a middle ground? A separate mailinglist? Add some code to create a "all_human_comments"? that include a personal comment (and only such?)?

holger