Gerrit mails, from address, verbosity, etc

Pablo Neira Ayuso pablo at gnumonks.org
Thu Jun 2 17:28:35 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jun 02, 2016 at 02:40:19PM +0200, Harald Welte wrote:
> Hi Holger,
>
> On Thu, Jun 02, 2016 at 02:17:51PM +0200, Holger Freyther wrote:
> > I agree it is too many mails. I would like to see the patch (and
> > updated patches) and comments to it. "Merged", "+2" with no human
> > comment should probably not be here. Is this something you can deal
> > with?
>
> I _think_ so.  But in the case of doubt, it could all be moved.  I think
> if the list has 90% patches + reviews, it will be uninteresting for
> people outside the development team to subscribe to it, and users could
> feel intimidated to actually raise questions.  At the same time, the
> project is too small to start separate -user and -devel mailing lists,
> either.
>
> But let's see what other have to say about it.

I would be pretty much supporting a different list for all these
automated emails. Or is there a way Gerrit can interact better with
email by restoring the previous workflow?

I'm feeling like a robot here ;).

I follow the mailing list from time to time, whenver I have some spare
time, to follow track of what others are working on. My feeling is
that this is not helping me.

Are you really getting a plus with this new tool? What is in your
opinion what really improves in your workflow since you use Gerrit?

I just have concerns that this may just kill the little community we
have?

Cheers,
Pablo