Gerrit mails, from address, verbosity, etc

Holger Freyther holger at freyther.de
Thu Jun 2 12:17:51 UTC 2016

> On 02 Jun 2016, at 13:53, Harald Welte <laforge at gnumonks.org> wrote:
>
> Dear all,

Hi!

> I'm not very happy with the many gerrit mails on this list.  By now it
> is dificult to point out an actual discussion thread among all the many
> gerrit auto-generated messages.
>
> The point is: You cannot reasonably respond to a gerrit-generated mail
> by replying to it, so you don't need to read it in the same
> folder/location/point-in-time as the actual human-initiated
> mails/discussion.
>
> So I think I'm now in favor of having all the gerrit mails removed from
> tis list and have them on a separate list.
>
> What's the general feeling of others about it?

I agree it is too many mails. I would like to see the patch (and updated patches) and comments to it. "Merged", "+2" with no human comment should probably not be here. Is this something you can deal with?

holger

PS: Don't hold your breath but mail -> gerrit using the http API (and ignoring who commented, unless I can forge that easily) seems quite easy to do as well.