Full state machine implementation

Sipos Csaba sipos.csaba at kvk.uni-obuda.hu
Sun Jul 10 20:45:13 UTC 2016

Hi Harald,

> I'm happy at least somebody notices this work :)

I am reading the code on a daily basis, so no change is unnoticed :-)

I am also reading your blog and watched most of your presentations on CCC.

But back on the topic. I went through the code and for the first time I thought that the OM2000 code is somewhat generic and can be reused of the Nokia part. Then I realised that only the high level of the OML is standardised, the information elements for example do not, and the stuff in OM2000 files are specific to the RBS2000.

Anyway, will take a closer look an try to figure out how this can be implemented for the Nokia part.

Maybe this one will be a bit more interesting: there is a chance I can put my hands on a DBS3900 with a 2G baseband card in it :-) I am not sure how similar Huawei's IP Abis implementation is to what we have now, but I can certainly take a look :-)

There's also some outstanding commits for Nokia regarding hopping, will try to rebase them for the current state of the BSC code and send it to you.

Regards,
Csaba