SS MM Messages (Call forwarding etc)

Keith Whyte keith at rhizomatica.org
Tue Jul 5 17:48:14 UTC 2016

On 05/07/16 17:32, Holger Freyther wrote:
> sure. Can you extract that USSD query dialogue in a pcap file for us? The "expire timer stopped" is related to periodic LUs[1] and most likely not linked to anything you are seeing.
>
> I don't know the SS codes by heart but your phone most likely queries for something like call barring, forwarding state and waits for an answer and we are happy to keep the channel open. Which means the "invokeId" is blocked in the phone.. which most likely means it will not try to use a different invokeId for the next call.
Great, here are two pcap files.
krzr.pcap is the motorola KRZR K3 as I switch aeroplane mode off and
then on again. - You see interrogate SS right after the attach.

Nokia.cap is sending *#21# on a nokia 6070, following by powering off as
it sits at the requesting.... screen

> The right way is to reject it. But once we have the PCAP file we can see which message to reject (or returnResultLast to).
:-) Looking forward to seeing how this is done, after all the code
analysis I did today, it'll be very rewarding!

thanks,
k/