OpenBSC relating IMSI/IMEI

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Tue Apr 26 11:23:33 UTC 2016

On Fri, Apr 22, 2016 at 10:57:25AM +0300, robert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I’m currently facing a strange issue where the number of entries in the subscriber table is different from the number of entries in the equipment table, therefore I cannot consistently relate each IMSI to its correct IMEI. I also had another issue where I have the same number of entries but the ID’s of the rows are different as shown below:
>
> Subscriber table			Equipment table
>
> ID	IMSI					ID	IMEI
> 1	XXXX				1	XXXX
> 2	XXXX				2	XXXX
> 4   	XXXX				14	XXXX
>
> Does anyone know why this is happening, and how can I correctly relate each IMSI to its corresponding IMEI ?

Just guessing, maybe an MS tries to subscribe but the Location Update is
rejected halfway through the dance of collecting IMSI and IMEI?
So I would assume IMSI ID 4 and IMEI ID 14 are two separate subscribers.

If you're certain they are the same MS that subscribed correctly then I'd
expect this to be a bug... in which case it would be great if you could
detail on the circumstances/reproducability etc.

~Neels

--
- Neels Hofmeyr <nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de>          http://www.sysmocom.de/
* Alt-Moabit 93