osmo-bts-trx: "CHAN RQD: no resources for SDCCH" on master

Tom Tsou tom at tsou.cc
Fri Apr 8 22:55:42 UTC 2016

Hi Harald,

On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 12:59 AM, Harald Welte <laforge at gnumonks.org> wrote:
> Can you or somebody else interested in getting this resolved provide a
> full bug report, including
> * debug log output on OsmoNITB side for for the rsl and nm
> * debug log output on OsmoBTS side for oml / transceiver interface or
>   anything else related
> * pcap file of A-bis traffic between OsmoBTS and OsmoNITB, as well as
>   the control commands between osmo-bts-trx and osmo-trx

Attached are the logs for master branches of OpenBSC, OsmoBTS, and
OsmoTRX leading up to the following RACH access behavior.

<0004> abis_rsl.c:1423 BTS 0 CHAN RQD: no resources for SDCCH 0x2

Hopefully, somebody more familiar than myself with A-bis and related
L1/L2 dependencies can provide some insight on why the above is
happening or where to start debugging. I'll be happy to test any
subsequent changes or look into specific parts of the A-bis code.

  -TT