No subject

Sat Apr 16 12:26:00 UTC 2016

those harmonics) must be above:
-30 dBm @ 30 kHz span above 1 GHz
-36 dBm @ 30 kHz span below 1 GHz

In case of UmTRX without an amplifier it's enough to use a ceramic or
SAW duplexer to bring harmonics below those levels.

For those buying UmTRX's as a lab package of universal UmDESKs, we
offer to buy an external ceramic duplexers. These improves coverage
and solves the out of band noise issues.

For those buying band-specific UmDESK's, we use SAW duplexers, which
are even more efficient in reducing out of band noise.

>> A calibrated USRP N200 running osmo-trx passes RF spectrum and
>> modulation accuracy requirements of 3GPP 05.05 by very large margins
>> and is competitive with commercial GSM equipment in this regard. Other
>> SDR devices are also capable to varying degrees.
>
> The policy of FCC vs. European Union is quite different. There are more
> norms that apply in Europe.

You're obviously more proficient in European norms. Could you point me
to a link where we could find these differences between the ETSI
published GSM Standard and European harmonized norms?

It would be a very good addition to the OpenBSC wiki's "Standards" page.

--=20
Regards,
Alexander Chemeris.
CEO, Fairwaves LLC / =D0=9E=D0=9E=D0=9E =D0=A3=D0=BC=D0=A0=D0=B0=D0=B4=D0=
=B8=D0=BE
http://fairwaves.ru