No subject

Sat Apr 16 12:26:00 UTC 2016

about it and demonstrate it operating OpenBTS and OsmoBTS. I could
talk about our open-source development of OpenBTS, if there would be
any interest.

Also I'd love to talk about OsmoBTS/OpenBSC which the new cool. Only
few people heard about OsmoBTS, while it provides great capabilities:
 * it works with off-the-shelf SDR transceivers like UmTRX
 * it could use VoIP (SIP) soft-switches to connect calls
 * it connects to MSCs of legacy GSM networks
 * it supports encryption, handover, FR/HR/AMR codecs and GPRS (in beta)
 * standards compliant L1/L2 layers, so there are no issues with
various phone models

I love Osmocom approach to development as well - development is open
to all contributors, the code is well structured and tested, even
build results for all sub-projects are available through a continuous
integration suite:
http://jenkins.osmocom.org/jenkins/

On Sat, May 4, 2013 at 9:00 AM, Robin Coxe <coxe at close-haul.com> wrote:
> (Apologies for cross-posting.  We wanted to reach everyone who might be
> interested in attending.  Please respond responsibly.)
>
> Anders Brownworth (Switchcoder), Alexander Chemeris (Fairwaves), and Robi=
> Coxe (Close-Haul Communications & Analog Devices) invite those interested=
 in
> open GSM hardware and software development to an informal gathering in
> Cambridge, MA on Friday 10 May 2013 from 6-8 pm.  Alexander will be visit=
ing
> the Boston area from Moscow.
>
> If you are interested in participating in any capacity in the Boston-area
> open source GSM development community, we look forward to meeting you.  O=
ur
> goal is to identify like-minded people involved in or interested in learn=
ing
> more about projects such as OpenBTS, OsmocomBTS, OsmocomBB, and OpenBSC.
> If you have a portable, self-contained demo, feel free to bring it with y=
ou.

> When: Friday 10 May 2013, 6-8 pm EDT
> Where:  Cambridge Innovation Center, 1 Broadway, 4th Floor, Cambridge, MA
> 02142 USA
> Photo ID required for building entry.
>
> Please RSVP on Eventbrite: http://opengsmboston.eventbrite.com/

--=20
Regards,
Alexander Chemeris.
CEO, Fairwaves LLC / =D0=9E=D0=9E=D0=9E =D0=A3=D0=BC=D0=A0=D0=B0=D0=B4=D0=
=B8=D0=BE
http://fairwaves.ru