No subject

Sat Apr 16 12:26:00 UTC 2016

"The requirements yielded by the page mode information element are as
follows:

a)  normal paging: no additional requirements;

b)  extended paging: the mobile station is required in addition to receive
and analyse the next but one message on the PCH;

c)  paging reorganization: The mobile station shall receive all messages on
the CCCH regardless of the BS-AG-BLKS-RES setting. It is required to receive
all BCCH messages. When the mobile station receives the next message to its
(possibly new) paging subgroup the subsequent action is defined in the page
mode information element in that message.

d)  same as before: No change of page mode from the previous page mode."

I think the paging reorganization mode is fine. Does anyone know this mode?
I don't know if the mobile phone will answer everytimes if i try to do a
paging on it for each successive frame. Or if he will answer the first time
and ignore the other paging requests after.

In addition, this solution enable the cell phone to listen every frames of
the CCCH but I don't know if the BTS is abble to do a paging on the same
mobile phone on every frames or if it still needs to follow the BS_PA_MFRMS
parameter. I saw that the paging group is calculated from the IMSI. And then
the paging block is calculated. Is it calculated in the BTS or in OpenBSC?
link of the explanation on the paging :
http://etutorials.org/Mobile+devices/gprs+mobile+internet/Chapter+5+Radio+Interface+RLC+MAC+Layer/Listening+to+MS+Paging+Blocks/

Thanks
Best regards

Eric Cathelinaud

2009/7/15 Eric Cathelinaud <e.cathelinaud at googlemail.com>

> 2009/7/15 Dieter Spaar <spaar at mirider.augusta.de>
>
> Hello Eric,
>>
>> On Wed, 15 Jul 2009 11:00:14 +0200, "Eric Cathelinaud" <
>> e.cathelinaud at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > I was just thinking about performing a recursive paging in order to see
>> how
>> > much time I have until the battery of a mobile phone run out.
>> > Does anyone know if the mobile phone answers at every paging or if it
>> > doesn't "listen" all the time? I think it listens periodically. If
>> anyone
>> > can give me a clue, that would be appreciated.
>>
>> This is an excerpt from a posting to another mainling list, I just
>> quote it because I don't want to repeat what I already wrote:
>>
>> >  - The phone is in "idle" mode (no speech/data traffic)
>> >    and periodically receives the paging channel (PCH) to
>> >    find out if its being called. Further the phone measures
>> >    the signal strength of neighbor cells and every now
>> >    and then (not that frequent as the above actions)
>> >    receives the cell information in the broadcast common
>> >    control channel (BCCH) of the serving cell and of
>> >    at most six neighbor cells with the strongest signal.

>> >  - The time between receiving the PCH is determined by a
>> >    parameter of the serving cell (BS_PA_MFRMS, range 2 to 9).
>> >    Its measured in 51-multiframes until the PCH for the phone
>> >    repeats (if you want to know the details have a look at
>> >    the GSM specs  ;-) . The length of a 51-multiframe is
>> >    235.8 ms, this means the time between receiving the PCH
>> >    is in the range 471.9 ms to 2122.2 ms. In this time the
>> >    idle phone most of the time sleeps or receives the BCCH
>> >    of the serving cell or one of the neighbor cells with
>> >    the strongest signal (at most six).
>>
>> Best regards,
>>  Dieter
>> --
>> Dieter Spaar, Germany                           spaar at mirider.augusta.de
>>

> Thanks a lot for the explanation. It's a pity that the minimum period is 2
> multiframes. I wish I could realize a paging on a mobile phone every frame
> but it seems to be impossible finally.
>
> Best regards,
> Eric Cathelinaud

--001636499281749655046ed2de53

Hi,<br><br>Finally I think I find a solution to make the cell phone listeni=
=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta name=3D"Prog=
Id" content=3D"Word.Document"><meta name=3D"Generator" content=3D"Microsoft=
 Word 11"><meta name=3D"Originator" content=3D"Microsoft Word 11"><link rel=
=3D"File-List" href=3D"file:///C:%5CTmp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml=
"><style>
<!--
 /* Style Definitions */
	{mso-style-parent:"";
	margin:0cm;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman";
	mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";}
p.MsoList, li.MsoList, div.MsoList
	{margin-top:0cm;
	margin-right:0cm;
	margin-bottom:0cm;
	margin-left:14.15pt;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	text-indent:-14.15pt;
	mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman";
	mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";}
p.B1, li.B1, div.B1
	{mso-style-name:B1;
	mso-style-parent:Liste;
	margin-top:0cm;
	margin-right:0cm;
	margin-bottom:0cm;
	margin-left:28.4pt;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	text-indent:-14.2pt;
	mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman";
	mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";}
@page Section1
	{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
	margin:70.85pt 70.85pt 70.85pt 70.85pt;
	mso-header-margin:36.0pt;
	mso-footer-margin:36.0pt;
	mso-paper-source:0;}
div.Section1
	{page:Section1;}
-->

rmation
element are as follows:</p>

additional requirements;</p>

mobile station is required in addition to receive and analyse the next but =
one
message on the PCH;</p>

mobile station shall receive all messages on the CCCH regardless of the
BS-AG-BLKS-RES setting. It is required to receive all BCCH messages. When t=
he
mobile station receives the next message to its (possibly new) paging subgr=
oup
the subsequent action is defined in the page mode information element in th=
at
message.</p>

of page mode from the previous page mode."</p>

ode? I don't know if the mobile phone will answer everytimes if i try t=
o do a paging on it for each successive frame. Or if he will answer the fir=
st time and ignore the other paging requests after.<br>
 of the CCCH but I don't know if the BTS is abble to do a paging on the=
 same mobile phone on every frames or if it still needs to follow the BS_PA=
_MFRMS parameter. I saw that the paging group is calculated from the IMSI. =
And then the paging block is calculated. Is it calculated in the BTS or in =
OpenBSC?<br>
link of the explanation on the paging :<br><a href=3D"http://etutorials.org=
/Mobile+devices/gprs+mobile+internet/Chapter+5+Radio+Interface+RLC+MAC+Laye=
r/Listening+to+MS+Paging+Blocks/">http://etutorials.org/Mobile+devices/gprs=
+mobile+internet/Chapter+5+Radio+Interface+RLC+MAC+Layer/Listening+to+MS+Pa=
ging+Blocks/</a><br>
il_quote">2009/7/15 Eric Cathelinaud <span dir=3D"ltr"><<a href=3D"mailt=
o:e.cathelinaud at googlemail.com">e.cathelinaud at googlemail.com</a>></span>=
204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;"><div class=3D"gma=
il_quote">2009/7/15 Dieter Spaar <span dir=3D"ltr"><<a href=3D"mailto:sp=
aar at mirider.augusta.de" target=3D"_blank">spaar at mirider.augusta.de</a>><=
/span><div>
"border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padd=
ing-left: 1ex;">
Hello Eric,<br>
On Wed, 15 Jul 2009 11:00:14 +0200, "Eric Cathelinaud" <<a hre=
f=3D"mailto:e.cathelinaud at googlemail.com" target=3D"_blank">e.cathelinaud at g=
ooglemail.com</a>> wrote:<br>
> I was just thinking about performing a recursive paging in order to se=
e how<br>
> much time I have until the battery of a mobile phone run out.<br>
> Does anyone know if the mobile phone answers at every paging or if it<=
br>
> doesn't "listen" all the time? I think it listens period=
ically. If anyone<br>
> can give me a clue, that would be appreciated.<br>

quote it because I don't want to repeat what I already wrote:<br>
> =A0- The phone is in "idle" mode (no speech/data traffic)<br=
>
> =A0 =A0and periodically receives the paging channel (PCH) to<br>
> =A0 =A0find out if its being called. Further the phone measures<br>
> =A0 =A0the signal strength of neighbor cells and every now<br>
> =A0 =A0and then (not that frequent as the above actions)<br>
> =A0 =A0receives the cell information in the broadcast common<br>
> =A0 =A0control channel (BCCH) of the serving cell and of<br>
> =A0 =A0at most six neighbor cells with the strongest signal.<br>
....<br>
> =A0- The time between receiving the PCH is determined by a<br>
> =A0 =A0parameter of the serving cell (BS_PA_MFRMS, range 2 to 9).<br>
> =A0 =A0Its measured in 51-multiframes until the PCH for the phone<br>
> =A0 =A0repeats (if you want to know the details have a look at<br>
> =A0 =A0the GSM specs =A0;-) . The length of a 51-multiframe is<br>
> =A0 =A0235.8 ms, this means the time between receiving the PCH<br>
> =A0 =A0is in the range 471.9 ms to 2122.2 ms. In this time the<br>
> =A0 =A0idle phone most of the time sleeps or receives the BCCH<br>
> =A0 =A0of the serving cell or one of the neighbor cells with<br>
> =A0 =A0the strongest signal (at most six).<br>
Best regards,<br>
 =A0Dieter<br>
Dieter Spaar, Germany =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 <=
a href=3D"mailto:spaar at mirider.augusta.de" target=3D"_blank">spaar at mirider.=
augusta.de</a><br>
 It's a pity that the minimum period is 2 multiframes. I wish I could r=
ealize a paging on a mobile phone every frame but it seems to be impossible=
 finally.<br>

--001636499281749655046ed2de53--