<0004> abis_rsl.c:1423 BTS 0 CHAN RQD: no resources for SDCCH 0xf

Sipos Csaba sipos.csaba at kvk.uni-obuda.hu
Sat Nov 28 15:07:19 UTC 2015


Dear List,

I am in the process of further updating the following Wiki article:

The goal is to have a clean, up to date manual which tells in detail how to set up OpenBSC.

In the light of recent changes I decided to change this already working setup to use the "master" branches of every involved Osmocom project.

It is finally possible to compile and run every project after the proper dependencies are met. But some new problem popped up I haven't seen before.

After everything is started up (OpenBSC, GGSN, SGSN, LCR, TRX, and PCU), when a phone tries to RACH, this is what I get in the BSC log:

Sat Nov 28 14:09:08 2015 <0004> abis_rsl.c:1423 BTS 0 CHAN RQD: no resources for SDCCH 0xf
Sat Nov 28 14:09:19 2015 <0004> abis_rsl.c:1423 BTS 0 CHAN RQD: no resources for SDCCH 0x6
Sat Nov 28 14:09:30 2015 <0004> abis_rsl.c:1423 BTS 0 CHAN RQD: no resources for SDCCH 0x6

On the BTS side, this is what I get:

<0006> scheduler.c:1186 Received Access Burst on RACH fn=9868 toa=5.88
<0006> scheduler.c:1192 Received bad AB frame at fn=9868 (25/51)
<0006> scheduler.c:1186 Received Access Burst on RACH fn=52459 toa=-1.50
<0006> scheduler.c:1192 Received bad AB frame at fn=52459 (31/51)
<0006> scheduler.c:1186 Received Access Burst on RACH fn=67956 toa=-0.06
<0006> scheduler.c:1192 Received bad AB frame at fn=67956 (24/51)

Because I used exactly the same config files I used before when it all worked, I analyzed the logs a littlebit more.

In the BTS log, during the OML setup this is what I found:

<0001> oml.c:802 ADM state already was Unlocked
<0001> oml.c:256 OC=BASEBAND-TRANSCEIVER INST=(00,00,ff) OPER STATE NULL -> Enabled
<0001> oml.c:217 OC=BASEBAND-TRANSCEIVER INST=(00,00,ff) Tx STATE CHG REP
<000b> trx_if.c:366 Response message 'RSP ERR 1' does not match command message 'CMD SETBSIC 62'   !!!!!!
<0001> oml.c:1059 Rx IPA RSL CONNECT IP=127.0.0.1 PORT=3003 STREAM=0x00
<0011> input/ipa.c:129 connection done.
<0011> input/ipaccess.c:693 received ID get
<0000> rsl.c:279 Tx RSL RF RESource INDication

Maybe the recent changes in the BSIC/TSC handling part is causing this? Anyway it seems that the BSIC I set in the BSC is the correct one the BTS tries to configure during the timeslot, transceiver and BTS setup.

I attached the corresponding OML trace, and the logs.

If someone has any ideas, please let me know.

Regards,
Csaba
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: oml_error_bsc.log
Type: text/x-log
Size: 2772 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://lists.osmocom.org/pipermail/openbsc/attachments/20151128/0d57f6f3/attachment.bin>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: oml_log_v2.pcapng
Type: application/octet-stream
Size: 17824 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://lists.osmocom.org/pipermail/openbsc/attachments/20151128/0d57f6f3/attachment.obj>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: oml_error_bts.log
Type: text/x-log
Size: 14603 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://lists.osmocom.org/pipermail/openbsc/attachments/20151128/0d57f6f3/attachment-0001.bin>


More information about the OpenBSC mailing list