channel availability

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Fri Nov 20 10:12:48 UTC 2015

Hi Max,

On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 12:41:42PM +0100, Suraev wrote:
> Hmm, I thought that process was still ongoing.

from my point of view, l1sap and osmo-trx have been merged.

Any additional osmo-trx specific fixes that might be missing must be
submitted by those people who are maintaining that port (and actually
using it).

Unfortunately I have not yet seen any such patches submitted to the
mailing list.

> logging enable
> logging set-log-mask DMM:DCC

no:

logging enable
logging filter all 1
logging level mm debug
logging level sm debug

> gprs attach request, with id request followed by attach accept and
> attach complete.

If you're not getting a pdp context activate, then you phone is not
activating a pdp context.  Without pdp context, no user data.

> After the gprs attach I see lots of FLOW-CONTROL_BVC and NS-ALIVE messages
> with corresponding -ACK.

That's just signalling between PCU and SGSN, unrelate to the MS.

> The strange thing is - I see no packets over tun0 at all. Same goes for udp port
> 23000 except what was mentioned above. Shouldn't I be able to at least see dns
> queries from mobile?

The MS is not activating a pdp context.  Befoer that you will not see
any data.  Check your apn configuration.