Using GPRS

Alexander Chemeris alexander.chemeris at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 00:47:09 UTC 2015

Hi Thomas,

On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 1:39 PM, Tom Tsou <tom at tsou.cc> wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 26, 2015 at 3:30 AM, Sipos Csaba
> <sipos.csaba at kvk.uni-obuda.hu> wrote:
>> The fairwaves/master branch of osmo-trx produces the following issue durign compilation:
>>
>> ================================
>>
>> Making all in x86
>> make[3]: Entering directory `/root/new_openbsc/osmo-trx/Transceiver52M/x86'
>>   CC       ../common/convolve_base.lo
>>   CC       convert.lo
>> In file included from convert.c:33:0:
>> /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.8/include/smmintrin.h:31:3: error: #error "SSE4.1 instruction set not enabled"
>
> Try reverting this patch.
>
> e7c25a3677bbe4 "transceiver/x86: don’t use -march=native to build x86
> specialized code"

Btw, I wanted to discuss the best way to move this forward. We found
that osmo-trx crashes with "illegal instruction" if we build on Core
i7, but run on Atom even if we disable automatic CPU detection and
manually specify HAVE_SSE3. We had to remove "-march=native" to make
it work. But it seems that unconditionally removing it breaks the
build with automatic CPU detection enabled. What do you think is the
best way to get it working in both situations?

Alexander Chemeris.
CEO, Fairwaves, Inc.
https://fairwaves.co