OpenBSC and Roaming

Nik Pakar nikpakar at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 12:17:09 UTC 2014

Hello Sahil,

Other than the network elements you need to do this, you will have a major
hurdle in getting into the actual roaming world. Unless you are a
legitimate MNO or MVNO with your own MNC, point codes in ss7 world, last
but not least be a member of GSMA. Have you studied all these ?

Are you trying to implement a standalone network to facilitate this ?

Who is the provider willing to extend you roaming ? Is it a GRX or a MNO ?

Do you have your own MNC and point codes ?

Put some more info so we can see how best you can get this done.

cheers.
Nik