SMS RP-Data spec violation. Somebody wants to fix it?

Alexander Chemeris alexander.chemeris at gmail.com
Sun Feb 9 09:35:46 UTC 2014

Hi Holger,

On Sun, Feb 9, 2014 at 10:51 AM, Holger Hans Peter Freyther
<holger at freyther.de> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 08, 2014 at 09:04:21PM +0400, Alexander Chemeris wrote:
>> > No one? Fairwaves? Somebody at least want to try the below code and
>> > see if SMS can still be sent?
>>
>> I think it would be better if you just write a unit test for this issue.
>
> I just remembered that you said you work on SMS issues and I wanted
> to give you an opportunity to contribute to OpenBSC. Sure you are not
> required to contribute. ;)

May be it's just me, but I find it impolite to ask someone to test a
patch, just because you don't bother to test it yourself. Moreover
when there it no a unit-test for the change - at least to make sure
that the next_rp_ref doesn't overflow.

We would be happy to test the patch in production environment, once
it's at least initially tested and merged to mainline. So far we're
busy with our own set of issues to be fixed, which are more severe
than this one. Patches to be contributed soon.

Alexander Chemeris.
CEO, Fairwaves LLC / ООО УмРадио
http://fairwaves.ru