Nokia InSite multiple BTSs with OpenBSC

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger at freyther.de
Fri Jul 5 07:04:20 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jul 05, 2013 at 12:11:13AM +0200, Sipos Csaba wrote:
> Dear Members,

Good Morning,

> First, the informations about the DAHDI configuration  at the end of
> the building page:
>
> http://openbsc.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/Building_OpenBSC
>
> It sais the following for system.conf:
>
> span=1,0,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
> bchan=1-31

please create a wiki account (by mailing laforge) and add your additional
information there.

> But there is a slight problem. I figured out if the BTS is not
> connecting to the E1 directly, but via this HDSL interface, it needs
> more time before it can be configured via OML,RSL. So in
> bts_nokia_site.c the #DEFINE RESET_INTERVAL have to be raise from the
> current 15 seconds to at least 25 seconds, otherwise the unit is not
> going to came up. With this modification I was able to use the unity
> via this HDSL cross-connection interface.

Can you try to come up with a patch to make this VTY configurable
for the BTS type? In gsm_data.h we already have vendor specific fields
and you could add one to the nokia section and add reset interval field.

> The third thing is multiple BTS operation. As I mentioned I want to
> use two InSite units with OpenBSC. But at the beginning of
> bts_nokie_site.c there is a big warning: I most certainly going to

I can't help on this part