GPRS and PDP Context

Max.Suraev at fairwaves.ru
Fri Sep 21 09:36:37 UTC 2012

21.09.2012 09:24, Harald Welte пишет:

> It should be -d DGPRS, but I suggest you rather configure logging for
> stdout or for your given telnet session via VTY.
>
> I suggest to enable debug for NS, BSSGP, LLC, (G)MM
Sadly with latest libosmocore from git I got segfault in log_parse_category_mask()
with osmo-sgsn --debug=DNS:DGPRS:DNS:DBSSGP:DLLC:DMM:DGMM

Is it a known bug?
>> The only output I got in this configuration is: [...]
> This means that the SGSN and the BTS have connected successfully over
> Gb/IP.
>
>> I don't even understand if phone requested ip address?
> Obtaining an IP address is the _last_ activity, after many other things.
> NS/BSSGP is up.  Next you should see some GPRS ATTACH / GPRS ROUTING
> AREA UPDATE.  Only after that, you can get to PDP CONTEXT ACTIVATE and
> finally IP traffic.
>
>> Is ggsn-sgsn-nitb connectivity ok?
> At the point you're looking at, the GGSN is never used.  It is only
> involved in PDP context establishment and transport of IP packets.
>
>> It's good that howto briefly describes setup, but what do to when it's
>> not working out of the box?
> enable debugging for the respective protocol levels in osmo-sgsn using
> VTY, and look at the Gb and GTP communication between the processes in
> wireshark.  All protocol layers of both Gb and GTP protocol stacking are
> fully supported in mainline wireshark, so all information you can
> possibly want is visualized.

Thank you for great hints.
Is it possible to add debug/troubleshooting section to
http://openbsc.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/OpenBSC_GPRS ?
I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who'd find it useful.

--
best regards,
Max, http://fairwaves.ru