SI Generation and multi-trx setup

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger at freyther.de
Tue Oct 9 20:02:25 UTC 2012

On Tue, Oct 09, 2012 at 05:32:23PM +0200, jolly wrote:

> > what is the reason to re-generate some of the SI when the n-th trx is up?
> > Shouldn't we generate the SI once and then based on the TRX decide which
> > one (gen_si) to send to the BTS?
> >
> here is an update of my patch. it generates only once now.

well, I think doing it this way is not really helping. Comments and variables
are called 'gen'(erate) and in the end the SIs might not be generated. It is
quite easy to miss the consequence of the conditions. Right now a config change
will be reflected the next time the BTS (and its TRX) are up, after this change
one would need to restart OpenBSC.

My comment was meant as an ecouragement to check if we could separate the SI
generation from the place where we select which ones to send to the BTS.

holger