Compiling LCR for OpenBSC

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Mon Mar 5 15:36:31 UTC 2012

Nik Pakar wrote:
> searched out every possible place to look for a sample routing
> expression for sofia and for gsm interfaces. But couldnt found any.

Wrong approach. You can not depend on examples and help from others
to accomplish what you want to do. You must understand that YOU must
do the job. YOU must learn how to create the routing that YOU need.

> Would highly appreciate if you can shed little light on that.

I recommend that you look at the source code to learn how to control
routing. That may not be the kind of documentation you are used to,
but you can on the other hand know with certainty that what you learn
will be relevant for the running code. After you have gained this
understanding, I strongly recommend that you then immediately STOP
and create documentation for the benefit of others, so that they do
not have to spend as much time as you on learning the neccessary
things.

This is a good way to contribute back to a community which has
spent many thousand hours on developing software which you can
simply install in order to reach your goal, without any cost.

//Peter