libosmo-sccp and static archives

Diego Elio Pettenò flameeyes at flameeyes.eu
Thu Jul 5 10:57:57 UTC 2012

Hi,

Il 05/07/2012 12:49, Holger Hans Peter Freyther ha scritto:
> I have an application/use where having a DSO causes "issues". I know
> that for Distros I should offer DSOs too.

Do you have more details on which issues it is? I've seen many problems
related to DSO before, but most of the time they are relatively easy to
fix, so if I can be of help I'd gladly do so.

> Habbit, for WebKit copying 3GB in .o files into the .a because
> one file changed.. lead me to create multipe libs. It is certainly
> overkill for libosmo-sccp and having a single .a file would be okay.

Sounds good then — do you want me to send patches to set that one up,
with libtool or something?

If you use libtool, you can decide not to build the shared object simply
by using ./configure --disable-shared which then will only build the
static archives, if that's still a concern.

HTH,
--
Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
flameeyes at flameeyes.euhttp://blog.flameeyes.eu/