Minor feedback on wiki build/installation instructions

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Sun Oct 23 07:12:08 UTC 2011

Hi Alex,

On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 04:27:33PM +0100, Alex J Lennon wrote:

> Thanks for the excellent OpenBSC build instructions on the web-site. I found
> I had to add in a couple of packages which might be worth adding in:
>
> libortp-dev, libortp8 (which I think -dev has a depency on anyway)

thanks for pointign this out.  This is a relatively recent change
required by libosmo-abis.  I'm currently travelling without the required
credentials, so if somebody else with wiki write permissions could take
care of it, I would appreciate it.

> Also the "make install" needed sudo prefixing but that's fairly
> minor I guess :)

well, it depends on what you have configured as prefix.  If you use
"--prefix /some/where/where/i/can/write" then it will install to that
directory rather than the /usr/local/* where only root is normally
permitted to write.

Thanks for your positive feedback.  It's good to see that some people
actually find it easy and straight-forward - amang all the problem/bug
reports we get ;)