NanoBTS reset

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Tue Jul 12 18:27:56 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 01:09:35AM +0900, Seungju Kim wrote:

> Is there any other way to reset a NanoBTS without building a reset dongle?
> My NanoBTS is acting strangely after a segfault of OpenBSC.
>
> I can connect and beacon my network with the BTS but it won't enable data
> for some reason. It was working fine before.

I strongly suggest to debug the problem rather than trying an NVRAM
reset.  Where are your protocol traces? Have you analyzed them using the
wireshark abis OML dissector for ip.access that we provide?  Have you
experimented with removing the attributes one by one in order to
understand which attribute is not correct?  Are you certain it is not
some kind of misconfiguration in openbsc.cfg that causes invalid
attribute contents?  Have you checked OML error report messages that
might be provided by the BTS?  Have you checked the nanobts telnet
interface using ipaccess-telnet?

There are soooooo many things you can do to debug this problem, it
"just" needs time and dedication.