OT: gnuradio compilation problems (Re: OpenBSC Digest, Vol 36, Issue 11)

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Fri Dec 16 08:16:17 UTC 2011

Hi Dick,

On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 10:18:49AM +0300, Dick Rwegaba wrote:

> Hi This is the libboost version that i have but still get the same error.
> root at debian:~/gnuradio# apt-cache search libboost-system
> libboost-system1.42.0 - Operating system (e.g. diagnostics support) library

Pleaes refrain from top-posting as well as full-quoting from a
mailinglist digest in all your mails.  I consider reading a document
like http://www.river.com/users/share/etiquette/#quotes

Using a _meaningful_ subject would also be considered a polite gesture
towards the people you expect to read your list postings.

Furthermore, I don't really understand why you are sending us your
gnuradio compilation issues.  This is not a gnuradio mailing list, it is
about OsmocomBB.

OsmocomBB does not - to the best of my knowledge - use gnuradio in any
way.  So your inquiries regarding gnuradio are off-topic.

Also, to say the least, projects like OsmocomBB, airprobe, OpenBSC and
others are made by developers for developers.  It is not our task to
teach people how to generally compile/build/install Free Software
packages on GNU/Linux.  There are plenty of other groups and forums
available for that.

Let me also add that some people could consider your behaviour quite
rude.  You never have contributed to the discussions on this list in
any way.  You simply top-post (with digest full-quote) error messages
from your console, without much comment.  You don't even take the time
to describe what you are trying to achieve, and what you have tried so
far in order to resolve the problem.