bs11-daisychain-config&many other problems

Thomas Ansorg kobayashi_maru at onlinehome.de
Mon Nov 29 15:46:22 UTC 2010

hello,
built 2 bs11 interconnect cables + termination today. but the second
bs11's not recongnised. i tried the 2-2 cfg-file, and mine. i want to
use only one trx per bts. my cfg-file look like this:
!
! OpenBSC configuration saved from vty
!   !
password foo
!
line vty
 no login
!
network
 network country code 262
 mobile network code 10
 short name T-Net
 long name Test-Netz
 timer t3101 10
 timer t3113 60
 bts 0
  type bs11
  band GSM900
  cell_identity 1
  location_area_code 1
  training_sequence_code 7
  base_station_id_code 63
  oml e1 line 0 timeslot 1 sub-slot full
  oml e1 tei 25
  trx 0
   arfcn 121
   max_power_red 0
   rsl e1 line 0 timeslot 1 sub-slot full
   rsl e1 tei 1
    timeslot 0
     phys_chan_config CCCH+SDCCH4
     e1 line 0 timeslot 1 sub-slot full
    timeslot 1
     phys_chan_config TCH/F
     e1 line 0 timeslot 2 sub-slot 1
    timeslot 2
     phys_chan_config TCH/F
     e1 line 0 timeslot 2 sub-slot 2
    timeslot 3
     phys_chan_config TCH/F
     e1 line 0 timeslot 2 sub-slot 3
    timeslot 4
     phys_chan_config TCH/F
     e1 line 0 timeslot 3 sub-slot 0
    timeslot 5
     phys_chan_config TCH/F
     e1 line 0 timeslot 3 sub-slot 1
    timeslot 6
     phys_chan_config TCH/F
     e1 line 0 timeslot 3 sub-slot 2
    timeslot 7
     phys_chan_config TCH/F
     e1 line 0 timeslot 3 sub-slot 3
 bts 1
  type bs11
  band GSM900
  location_area_code 2
  training_sequence_code 7
  base_station_id_code 63
  oml e1 line 1 timeslot 4 sub-slot full
  oml e1 tei 25
  trx 0
   arfcn 122
   max_power_red 0
   rsl e1 line 1 timeslot 4 sub-slot full
   rsl e1 tei 1
    timeslot 0
     phys_chan_config CCCH+SDCCH4
     e1 line 1 timeslot 5 sub-slot 0
    timeslot 1
     phys_chan_config SDCCH8
     e1 line 1 timeslot 5 sub-slot 1
    timeslot 2
     phys_chan_config TCH/F
     e1 line 1 timeslot 5 sub-slot 2
    timeslot 3
     phys_chan_config TCH/F
     e1 line 1 timeslot 5 sub-slot 3
    timeslot 4
     phys_chan_config TCH/F
     e1 line 1 timeslot 6 sub-slot 0
    timeslot 5
     phys_chan_config TCH/F
     e1 line 1 timeslot 6 sub-slot 1
    timeslot 6
     phys_chan_config TCH/F
     e1 line 1 timeslot 6 sub-slot 2
    timeslot 7
     phys_chan_config TCH/F
     e1 line 1 timeslot 6 sub-slot 3

i modified the 2-2 cfg file in a way that made sense to me. when i
connect only the 2nd bs11 to the pc, it isnt recognised as well.
firmware is on, an due to people who works there, this bs11 was once
operational. did i forget any setup procedures maybe?

2nd problem: bs11_config
i tried bs11_config -p /dev/ttyUSB0 as described in the page, but seems
this device ttyUSB0 doesnt exist.the lmt cable is connected and telnet
localhost 4242 from other console also works.

3rd problem:
during bsc_hack running, i get strange messages. my 2 favorites are:
gsm04_08.c: 873 location updating reject on channel 0
abis_nm.c:1799 Invalid channel combination!!
is there any faq or something else, where these messages are explanined?

answers in german preferred. increases enormously the readability on my
pc.

T.
--
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten!