nanoBTS and power settings

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 10:09:29 UTC 2010

> What are everyone's opinions on a safe power setting at which to set
> the nanoBTS? Is 15 to high or low? What do other people have there
> power settings set too?

I'm using

max_power_red 12
 to put the BTS TX power around 24 - 12 = 12dBm (~16 mW)

ms max power 12
 to limit the MS TX power around 16 mW as well.

but it's mostly to avoid catching outside mobile rather than health ...

> Does anyone have any reading material on the
> wider health implications of using such a device as the nanoBTS in
> close proximity to a person for long periods of time?

Well, the nanoBTS is 200mW max anyway.

I don't know how "close" you are to the BTS but personally, I think I
get more radiation from the network card in my laptop that sits on my
lap or in front of my face than from the BTS 5 meters away ...

Cheers,

    Sylvain