JFYI: moving 'debug.[ch]' to libosmocore

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Thu Mar 25 15:05:32 UTC 2010

Hi!

One of the bigger missing parts in libosmocore is the debug support that
we have in OpenBSC, including support for multiple debug categories,
log levels, log targets, filters, context, etc.

I'm currently half-way through splitting/generalizing the core code from
the OpenBSC specific bits (like IMSI context/filter).  It's coming along
quite nicely - actually less of a problem than I originally thought.

The purpose of this is (as usual) to enable OsmocomBB to use the same
codebase as OpenBSC for logging/debugging.

So this mail is simply a heads-up that some changes will be visible in
this area, once again requiring you to update + build libosmocore and
OpenBSC after the changes have been committed.

The good news, at least it should fail gracefully now, as the OpenBSC
autotools magic is now requesting a certain libosmocore version during
./configure.

Cheers,