Error compiling openbsc

Ashwin ashwin.lists at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 16:51:56 UTC 2010

On 05-Mar-10 8:28 PM, Nordin Bouchtaoui wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> I installed a newly fresh Debian Lenny, downloaded openbsc project using
> git. But when running ./configure after autoreconf -i (which went well),
> I get the following message:
> ./configure: line 3551: syntax error near unexpected token `LIBOSMOCORE,'
> ./configure: line 3551: `PKG_CHECK_MODULES(LIBOSMOCORE, libosmocore)'
>
> I know the osmocomBB project has a bit of the focus now and that some
> sources in openbsc are also used in osmocomBB, hence the libosmocore?
> But can someone helping me out to get the openbsc build?
>
> Thank you.

Hi,

I had the exactly same problem, and as recent as this week. There was no
libosmocore installed. It is solved now.

Two simple things to be done -

1. Get the libosmocore - So downloaded from
(git://git.osmocom.org/libosmocore.git), autoreconf -i && ./configure &&
make && make install.

2. Get the OpenBSC rebased - "git pull --rebase" OpenBSC and compile it
again.

I think after this you will be comfortable. In case of further doubts,
can help out since I solved it very recently.

with Regards,
ASHWIN