GPRS / OsmoSGSN status update

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Sat Jul 3 19:28:26 UTC 2010

Hi Sylvain,

On Sat, Jul 03, 2010 at 08:52:21PM +0200, Sylvain Munaut wrote:

> > So everyone who has access to a nanoBTS: Try it now.
>
> I just tried it again, updating all the components.
>
> And unfortunately it seems it doesn't work for me anymore.

Just an update for the list: it has been fixed.  I was using some length
values for certain IEs to do input validation... and those length values
came from 04.08 where 24.008 already has much longer lengths for those IEs.

It's fixed now in master.

> osmo-sgsn says :
>
> <0016> gprs_bssgp.c:343 BSSGP TLLI=0xe7e2fc84 UPLINK-UNITDATA
> <0017> gprs_llc.c:410 LLC SAPI=1 C   FCS=0xea1c55(WRONG) CMD=UI DATA

this is a problem with the debug statement not with the actual code.  will
fix it soon.

> VTY shows there is a mm-context but no pdp-context. Also several LLC entities.

> Not quite sure what's going on yet ... (my gprs knowledge is quite limited ATM)
>

> > The build/config
> > instructions haven't changed from what I described last time when I wrote
> > a GPRS status update to this list.
>
> There is also a howto here: http://openbsc.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/OpenBSC_GPRS

good.  Now we only need a actual wiki page for OsmoSGSN and its VTY commands.