Moving subscr_{get/put}_channel in gsm_subscr.c (instead of gsm_subscr_base.c)

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 19:55:56 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm now having another look at implementing MT ciphering.
For this, I need to work inside the paging system.

What I'd like is that the MSC part instead of ever using
paging_request directly, that they all use subscr_get_channel.
Then this would also encapsulate securing the channel and only call
the call back when the channel has been ciphered and is ready for the
MSC part.

This requires making some gsm_04_08 call inside the
subscr_get_channel, so I need to move that call to the 'msc' side of
gsm_subscr.c

To me, it makes sense. I don't see in what context a BSC would use
get/put channel ... the BSC doesn't decide, it's just ordered what to
do by the MSC IIUC.

I would then also replace all calls to paging_request in gsm_04_08.c
by calls to subscr_get_channel.
And also move the "paging_succeded" signal dispatch to the
subscr_get_channel call back and not directly from gsm_04_08_utils.c
(since that signal is used currently to trigger SMS delivery and other
"side" things when we have a channel, it's more a MSC thing).

Finally, I'd need to pass the msgb paging response all the way to the
paging callback because it contains important field to enable
ciphering.

Any objections to this plan ? Did I miss something ?

Cheers,

    Sylvain