Plans for GSM / OpenBSC field test at 27C3

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Thu Dec 9 15:44:02 UTC 2010

Thanks a lot !

On Thu, Dec 09, 2010 at 01:50:02PM +0100, Sylvain Munaut wrote:
> I merged your pcsc code first, then :
>  - Split into several files (for clarity and also so that if you don't
> use the pcsc code, it doesn't try to import pysmartcard and the other
> way around)
>  - Added option to save parameters to CSV file, or directly to an
> openBSC HLR. (the extension is just 9 + 5 last digits of ICCID, change
> in the code if required)
>  - Added option to switch to batch mode (including saving state).
> Takes about a second per card with a pcsc reader.

this makes a lot of sense, thanks a lot.

As for the actual 27C3 deployment: I can offer at least two PC/SC readers
(Omnikey 3121 / 5121) for the GSM helpdesk that Andreas Eversberg will
be running.

Andreas: Do you have some SuperSIM to test the new pySIM patch mode and
integrate it with OpenBSC?  If not, I will send you some sample cards monday
next week.