Redudant channel assignement

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 21:12:49 UTC 2009

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 1:49 PM, Harald Welte <laforge at gnumonks.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 10:37:37PM +0000, 246tnt at gmail.com wrote:
>> When making a call from my test phone (a T610 here), I see the BSC
>> assigning more than one channel ...
>
> yes, this is due to the fact that we do not check for the request reference.
>
> when your MS transmits the first RACH burst, it selects a particular request
> reference.  all retransmissions carry the same request reference.

Nope, they dont. In gsm 04.08  3.3.1.1.1 about the RACH bursts they says :

"a random reference which is drawn randomly from a uniform probability
distribution for every new
transmission."

And that's why I observe, the "ra" is different for each try. But
those attemps are _very_ close to each other, not time for the BSC to
respond.

     Sylvain