patch 22: lchan_use

Holger Freyther zecke at selfish.org
Tue Jun 2 01:01:52 UTC 2009

On Monday 01 June 2009 19:33:44 Andreas.Eversberg wrote:
> This patch will fix usage counting of logical channel. Also it adds
> usage counter debugging.
>
> The use counter is increased on loaction update request. The counter is
> not decreased when location update responds (mm_rx_id_resp()), but if
> subscriber is authorized, it will be decreased on
> release_loc_update_req(). If lchan closes, the location update is also
> released (release_loc_update_req()), also if the location update times
> out.

I don't like this part. First of all when making release_loc_update_req
"public" it should be properly prefixed, but I don't think chan_alloc.c should
know/care about gsm_04_08.c at all. Also tying the timeout of the Location
Update with the autorelease of the channel does not seem appropriate.

I would very much prefer if this logic can stay within gsm_04_08.c and we fix
the usage count issue there.

For me it looks like:
	- We get a reference when creating the loc_update_request
	- We start a timer
	- We put the reference when destroying the loc update request...

	- So we might just remove the extra put/use for the waiting for IMSI/IMEI
          and fix the "leak" like this?

what do you think?

	z.