Possible to control the radio strength of a nanoBTS?

Nordin bouchtaoui at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 12:49:21 UTC 2009

Harald Welte schreef:
> On Thu, Jun 04, 2009 at 12:45:36PM +0200, Nordin wrote:
>
>> Hi Roch,
>>

>>> Another thing: if your mobile phone is set to auto it will always
>>> register on its home network (if available) even if the signal of your
>>> basestation is far stronger.
>>>

>> Can you specify home network?
>>

> the network that has issued the sim card.  technically: the network with
> the MCC and MNC of the IMSI of th SIM.

Yes, that's obvious.
But if my BTS has the same ARFCN, besides the MCC and the MNC,  as the
mobile has tuned to, than it's possible that the mobile tries to
register to my BTS.
That's why I think our gsm-module (gsm for our servers) automatically
tries to register to my BTS. A nice detail, after 4 times, the
gsm-module stops trying to register to our BTS. I guess, that's an
algorithm (maybe vendor-specific), to search for other available
channels (ARFCNs).